Thursday, January 18, 2007

We made it through, but our hearts are broken.

I can't even find the words to describe how difficult it was to hand Anne Pearce back to her foster mother. It makes me cry right now just thinking about it. When Andrew had to go to the lobby I prayed so hard for God to give me peace. He did. It didn't take away the pain, but I didn't worry about her. Jacqueline brought her husband with her tonight, and we all cried. They are such faithful Christians. Even though I couldn't understand a word they were saying I knew. She felt my pain and was so gracious. She told me that the night she was given AP she and her husband, Oscar, prayed for a good Christian family for the baby. She said it will hurt her so badly when AP comes home with us, but we are her destiny. She said God told her she would have AP for 2 more months. It makes leaving her so much easier knowing she is with good Christians. They sing her hymns everyday!! She also gave me her email address, and said she will send me pictures and video!!!!! Praise God!!!! What a blessing that is. I am amazed by the way God continues to bless us. He is an awesome and loving God. I feel like I am sitting in the palm of His hand right now. He is comforting me in a way I cannnot explain.

This journey has been wonderful. God led us here to our daughter and blessed us over and over again. Our faith has led us to Anne Pearce, and I know it will bring her home.

I will end on a very happy note:
We entered Family Court today!!! Praise God!!
We love you all, and I feel you praying for us. DON'T STOP.

Lou, already missing my daughter

8 comments:

Rose said...

lou, I am so sad for you right now....I know it was so hard to give her back. I am so glad she is with a good family that is taking care of her like that. Time will fly by.... I just know it will.
feeling your pain.....R.

Karen D. said...

I am praying for you guys this morning as you fly home. I will soon be doing the same. I am wearing my Mother´s ring and will look at it as I travel today.

Our time together last night is making today easier. It´s still hard, but I have a peace about both of our adoptions! Thanks for being my friend!!

Love,
Karen and Abbie

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you enjoyed your visit. I remember how difficult it was leaving Aiden when we visited. Time will pass by quickly and you'll be back to visit again before you know it. Your family will continue to be in my thoughts and prayers.

Sara R.

Kim W. said...

I know this has been so hard for you to leave her, but I just feel like she is in such wonderful hands with her foster parents until you come back. How wonderful that they will keep you updated on AP.
What a wonderful blessing that you were able to spend time with AP. I know it's not as good as the real thing, but now you have all these great memories and pictures to help sustain you until the next time you visit or when she gets to come home.
Still praying for you!

It's Me....Dea said...

Faith & Strength, girl.
You, Drew, & Anne Pearce are in our prayers every day.

Anonymous said...

I am so glad your trip was wonderful. I remember when I left my visit trip- it was THE hardest thing I have ever done. But when you get to bring that beautiful baby home, you will never have to give her back again!
So, praying for a speedy process so you can get your hands on that princess forever, really soon!!
Blessings~ stephanie

bodegalee said...

I can only begin to imagine how tough it would be to turn your baby back to the FM, but sooo glad you have some peace in your heart about it. AND it sounds like they're incredibly wonderful folks. It's incredible the bond we can feel with folks even when we dont speak the language. Your dd is gorgeous. Praying for a speedy process for you!
Leigh

Angel said...

I am so sorry for the pain you are feeling. I am so grateful for the blessing of knowing your sweety is safe and loved. I can't tell you the peace I felt knowing how loved Zoe was in her foster home. I know you understand. I hope and pray you fly through the rest of this process. Trust me, the time after she comes home will suddenly fly by at ten times the speed it does now! :0) Angel

Don't send a lame Holiday eCard. Try JibJab Sendables!