Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Family Court Interview Next Week!




I thank God everytime we have some movement in our case. It felt like we accepted her referral, and then nothing happened for the longest. Now we are moving!! Our foster mom informed me today that she takes Anne Pearce to the court next Tuesday or Wednesday. Then the social worker will write a report. We should be getting pre-approval any day now from the US Embassy. Once these 2 steps are completed we will be able to move into the final court (PGN). Family Court usually takes about a month, but it can take as long as 2 months. I don't believe it will with everyone who is praying for AP. I got to "talk" to her on the phone for a few minutes today. Jacqueline said she started smiling when she heard my voice.




I am heading back to Guatemala on March 2-9! I cannot wait. AP's godmother, Karen, is coming from the 5th-9th. Andrew is thinking about flying down for the weekend with me. I pray that he does!! I know he would love to see her too. We are all so excited. I'm actually going to venture outside the Marriott this time. We are going to Antigua and to our foster mother's for a Guatemalan "feast". I feel so honored that they are welcoming me into their family. They are very loving people! Let's all thank God that Anne Pearce has them. I also pray for Jacqueline and her entire family. Giving our daughter up will be very difficult for them all.




Everyone comments on my wonderful blogging friends. I have never met some of you, but you are such a part of my life. I thank God for the love and support you continuously give me.




I feel like I'm always telling ya'll thanks, but I mean it: THANKS!




Lou


6 comments:

Rose said...

I am so glad your case is moving along. I feel like we are just sitting around still waiting. Please pray that i will hear something soon. I am really getting antsy. Thanks for keeping me/us informed on everything. What an exciting venture for you(meeting the foster family.) I am hoping we will get DNA approval in March. You know what that means...... Thanks for the sweet message for Lexy. She has had mixed feelings about our adoption. She was fine when we went through all the paper work and then out of the blue she started having doubts. I think it is probably normal...I hope. She asked if she could write a letter on the blog and I could not look at it until it was done. I am so glad she has changed her mind and realizes that this is going to be a real blessing for our family and for her. Glad everything is moving for you. I think your right, your baby is coming home soon....very soon. R.

Unknown said...

I knew God would let something wonderful happen for you this week!! He knows when we need it, right?? We are praying that baby home asap!! Hang in there. Maggie & I will keep you busy until Anne Pearce can do it herself. =)
Maggie just absolutely loves y'all so much, and I know she & AP are going to be the best of friends, too. I love to hear her say her name.
I'm glad you're back to blogging. I'm always inspired!! =)
Daisy

Anonymous said...

That sounds great. Please take alot of pictures while you are in Antigua. Hey, I thought the foster mother's name was Carolina. Is it Jacqueline? Just wondering. Take Care.

Cheryl & Kayleigh Ann

Anonymous said...

THAT IS GRET, Lou!! I sure hope that BOTH of our girls are home soon! Give Jorge a KISS from us!!

Love,
Alisha

Anonymous said...

LOU.....I cannot find your email address....can you email me?

maddens318@aol.com

THANKS!! I have a question for you!

:)

Alisha

Karen D. said...

I am praying right along with you! I want us to be on pick up together!!!!!!!

I love the picture of our girls together! I wish that I could go on March, but....!

Love Ya!
Karen

Don't send a lame Holiday eCard. Try JibJab Sendables!