Thursday, January 18, 2007

We are having a great day.....
























We slept in a little later today, then we went down and had lunch. We were the only ones in the restaurant for a while. We have mostly just played, and played photo shoot. It has been a great day. We love her so much. We had our crying spree last night. I know it will be difficult later, but I feel God giving us strength. You all know I will cry, but I know this is temporary. We are so thankful to AP's foster mother. We can tell how well taken care of and loved she is. Neither of us worry about her at all. In honor of her foster mother and to keep part of her Guatemalan heritage, AP's full name will be Anne Pearce Carolina Lynn. It's a mouthful, but it will be important to her later. Andrew bought me a Guatemalan mother/daughter ring. It's 2 rings connected together. Each ring has a jade stone. Jade has huge significance to the Mayan society.

It was viewed as royal. Some Mayans even had Jade implanted in their teeth. I won't go that far, but I will wear this ring every day to remind me of our journey to Anne Pearce. The little princess is napping right now, so I'm going to go love on her some more!

Lou














3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures! She is so pretty & HEALTHY. I can't wait to see her! I know it will be tough to leave! Hope to see you soon! Brenda

Anonymous said...

I am sure the transition tonight and tomorrow will be difficult, but I also look at the JOY and LOVE expressed all over this web site. I know both of you will do fine because you have each other. I am just so glad I could help "encourage" Andrew to change a diaper. Miracles still happen today.

Thanks again for sharing this journey with all of us. You are both such an inspiration to me on my faith journey. We can't wait to see the video's. Have a safe trip home.

Mark M.

Karen D. said...

I have been thinking about you guys today. Abbie and I went for breakfast early and have been hanging out in the room most of the day. I have yet to have a major crying spell, just small ones, but I am not looking forward to tomorrow morning!

Take Care!
Love,
Karen and Abbie

Don't send a lame Holiday eCard. Try JibJab Sendables!