Saturday, January 13, 2007

Now I can say the day after tomorrow we will meet our daughter!

Our departure time keeps getting closer and closer and is becoming more and more real. Andrew would tell you all that I've been a bit "high-strung" the last couple of days. I feel like I look like the Energizer bunny running all around. As soon as we think we have everything, we take "just one more trip to Wal-Mart". I do think we are actually finished getting everything. Now just to put it all in the suitcases. Andrew just asked me what he needed to pack........ I've had mine planned for days. Anyway, we are going to try to finish up packing for all 5 of us this afternoon, so we can rest tomorrow before the trip.

Some of our dearest friends came over to have prayer with us before our trip. Karen and Mark, AP's godparents and our neighbor Daisy all came to pray for us. I told them for once in my life I had run out of words. I'm so beside myself with excitement, gratitude, love for God, nervousness, anxiety about leaving the boys................... I don't even know what to say to God. Daisy brought me a bible verse from Romans, and it really calmed me down. I know that He knows all I am feeling and the Holy Spirit is taking over for me now. Please continue to pray. I feel such peace about this entire journey. I know it's something we're supposed to be doing. I just can't believe that in 48 hours we will actually meet Anne Pearce. It's huge, and I can't wrap myself around it. Thank you to all of you who support us through thoughts and prayers. We need it.

Love to you all,
Lou

1 comment:

Karen D. said...

Lou,
We are here waiting for you guys! I scoped out some good places to sit and visit this morning, since the pool area is out. We can sit sort of above the pool! Abbie says that she cançt wait to meet Anne Pearce! I will be praying you guys here! Send me the times that you will be traveling and Abbie and I will be here praying!
I admit that I am looking forward to you taking some pictures of me with Abbie! I only have one of my meeting! Also, I met someone today that is picking up their 4 and a half month old! That gives me hope! Will write more later!!

Love,
Karen and Abbie

Don't send a lame Holiday eCard. Try JibJab Sendables!