Thursday, February 22, 2007

My baby got her first tooth today!

I heard from Carolina that our little AP got her first tooth. It's the bottom one on the right. It's such a bittersweet moment for me. On one hand I'm so thankful that we even know this happened. On the other hand, it hurts, because I wish she was here with us. Andrew and I both feel very strongly that AP will be home in April, and we cannot and will not let our faith falter! It is sad knowing that we're missing so many "firsts".

When we were on the web cam today I was making funny faces and blowing kisses to AP. She smiled and said MAMA! I know she's only 4 and a half months old, but Carolina swears she says it every night when she shows her our pictures. My heart desperately wants to believe that my little girl remembers me and knows who I am. We are so blessed to be returning to our little precious next Friday! Then we can make some new memories. Our next trip there will be to bring our little one home! Keep praying, my warriors!!!

Happy Birthday, Karen! We love you and can't wait for you to be in Alabama!!

5 comments:

Karen D. said...

Hey Guys!
I didn't realize that babies got teethe soooo young! Wow!
Thanks for the B-Day mention on the blog! I can't wait to be in Alabama too!

Love Ya'll!!!
Karen

Natalie said...

A tooth! Wow! So cool that you get to go see that new tooth in person very soon!

Hoping you enter PGN tomorrow...wahoo!!!

Andrea said...

It's hard to miss those "firsts", but for me, I am looking forward to all the firsts that we get to experience together. First day of school, first dance, first girlfriend. THAT'S what keeps me going. :) I'll have a lot more firsts that no one else will ever get, and for that, I am truly grateful.

Let's go PGN!

Bekah said...

Her first tooth! That is hard to miss those first but amazing that your foster mom keeps you posted about all those things. That is really such a huge blessing! And the fact that she is jabbering "mama" is too precious. Wish we could go to Guatemala with you to meet our little Eloisa!

Unknown said...

I want a picture of that tooth!! As of today it's now one week away and you'll be with her!!! Yea!!
Hey, who is your visitor in Australia?? Your map on your blog is quite amazing!!!
Can't wait to shop for AP today!!
Daisy

Don't send a lame Holiday eCard. Try JibJab Sendables!