Thursday, February 15, 2007

It was one month ago today that we met Anne Pearce.....


Somehow, it seems a lot longer than that. It seems like it's been forever since we've seen her. Be prepared my blogging buds....you will have to start the countdown with me tommorow for our next trip. BTW, it's 2 weeks from tomorrow! I am past the sadness of leaving her. Now I'm onto the excitement of being with her once again! My emotions are like a roller coaster...up.....down......curve......around! It never ends. I know that you all know exactly how I feel. I find such comfort in that! Why don't we start the secret blogging business? I don't even know where to start, but it seems like a fun thing to help pass the time. Karen (Abbie's mom) may be coming to spend her spring break with me in Alabama! I am so excited. We both decided that it would be a great distraction to spend some time together while we are waiting to pick up our girls. Our contact in Guatemala told me that in all probability we could be picking up AP in late April or early May. I know that things aren't predictable down there, but it was nice to hear! Of course, I pray that will happen. I have felt in my heart that she will be home in April since the beginning. God has been so good to us, and I know He will continue to hear all our prayers. Daisy found a verse for me that reads:

"Have faith in God," Jesus answered. "I tell you the truth, if anyone says to this mountain, 'Go, throw yourself into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen, it will be done for him. Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours." Mark 11:22-24

Let's all choose our prayers and believe that they already received. God wants us to put all our faith in Him. Sometimes my mood falters, but I remind myself that I am sitting in the palm of God's hand, and that he loves me and Anne Pearce. He takes care of my every need!


Here's to some precious Guatemalan babies coming home,

L

6 comments:

Andrea said...

Thank you for your post. The verse was music to my ears. I am at the BOTTOM of my rollar coaster today. I have cried for most of the afternoon. I cannot stop. I did find out that my agency is sending us our disposable camera. We sent one to the orphanage in October. I will look forward to that. She also said that our lawyer was hoping to resubmit us to PGN this week or next week. Hopefully we'll be able to get him by April or May. I do pray for your family each night. Thank you for your encouragement. God IS in control! I am just glad He understands when we are weak!
Good Night! <><

Anonymous said...

Lou,
I really have a good feeling about April for you to get AP. That would be wonderful. Our Gotcha day is the 25th. I think it will be close to that. How great would that be!!! I look forward to meeting Karen. She emailed me a little while ago. I am posting the pics from Kayleigh Ann's first haircut. She was so good.
I will say a pray that AP comes home ASAP!!!
Cheryl

Unknown said...

Hey!
You have a wonderful way with words. There is such a special place in my heart now after getting to know your family & reading about all your blogging buddies & their journeys. I love to see God at work, and He's ALWAYS at work whether we see it or not. We are all adopted by Him so I KNOW He's definitely pro-adoption!! =) I can't wait to see all these blog sites filled with pictures of sweet little babies at home in the U.S. I'm especially ready for that little Anne Pearce to be here so we can love on her as much as you & "Anju" have loved on my Maggie. Thank you for always being a blessing to me & these other women in the same boat with you even when you probably need the encouragement just as much yourself. I pray that God honors every one of your heart's desires.
Because HE Lives,
Daisy

Angel said...

How well I remember that roller coaster... it is SO HARD! It is good to just focus on each day and think of the good and exciting things going on in life. It is so hard not to get consumed by the adoption. I didn't do that great!!! :0) I am so excited that you get to go back. Angel

Karen D. said...

I wish I could go back down with you!!!! But with work and the fact that I just don't know if I could give Abbie back again! I gave Anslie back twice. SO hard!

Love the verse!
Have a good one!
Love Ya!
Karen

Andrea said...

I love that verse. Just what I needed to hear this morning :)

Hang in there! He will take care of your EVERY need!!

Don't send a lame Holiday eCard. Try JibJab Sendables!