Saturday, February 10, 2007

I turn into a screaming fool at a Mardi Gras Parade!

Pre-Parade




Throw me something mister! Boy, did I rack up tonight. It sure doesn't hurt when you have a cute baby like Maggie to hold up! We got tons of stuff. I had to warn Daisy and Wyatt that I become a different person at a parade. I whoop and holler like a possessed person. Daisy caught the fever too! She loved it. Maggie loved it too, but I think she was in shock. Daisy said she didn't blink the entire parade. It was so great to spend time with such good friends and have such a good time. I felt almost normal tonight. I have to admit that it felt good to get my mind off the adoption for a little while at least! Anne Pearce is never out of my mind or heart, but tonight was a great distraction!


This monkey is the best thing I have ever caught! I was thrilled, and Maggie loved her monkey!





Here are my McVays. I promise Maggie was having a great time even if she doesn't look like it!

Daisy and Wyatt are so sweet to share Maggie with us. We love her so much! Check out her beads.

Mardi Gras, Fairhope style!

I was too busy screaming to take too many pictures of the floats!

8 comments:

Karen D. said...

Lou,
I am glad that you had a great time! It looks like it was SOOOO much fun!

Tell Wyatt and Daisy that I said Hello!

Love Ya!
Karen

Unknown said...

YES! We are BIG fans of Mardi Gras now!! Y'all are so wonderful, and we had the best time we've had at ANYTHING in a long time. Maggie woke up wanting her her beads & monkey this morning. We may have to wear them to church!! Thank y'all for such a wonderful time! You may see some of these pics repeated on my blog. =)
Y'all are the best!!
Rock on!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you all had a blast at the parade. Any news????
Cheryl & KA

Andrea said...

What wonderful pictures!! It's nice to grab some happiness and fun when you get the opportunity. That's the way I felt this weekend w/ some friends. I was completely distracted---it felt good!

Tricia said...

Ahhhhhhh, a good parade! I am the same way! I didn't realize I was so manic at parades until my family started standing on the OTHER side of the street from me! Maybe just a little hint......

Tricia said...

Ahhhhhhh, a good parade! I am the same way! I didn't realize I was so manic at parades until my family started standing on the OTHER side of the street from me! Maybe just a little hint......

It's Me....Dea said...

I'll look for you Friday night when Persephone rolls through Daphne....2nd float, 1st person, passenger's side :-)

Kim W. said...

I am on the same float as Dea. On the top in the back by the Elephant! Where will you be so I can look for you!
Kim

Don't send a lame Holiday eCard. Try JibJab Sendables!