Monday, February 12, 2007

I just talked to Anne Pearce on the phone!

And her foster mom, of course! We are so blessed to have the foster family that we have. They are definitely a gift from God! More about the baby: Carolina says that the interview was wonderful. We all prayed for a speedy social worker, and Carolina says ours was so nice. She said that many of them are angry people, but ours was so sweet. They all said how beautiful Anne Pearce is, and Carolina said several foster mommies said that they wanted her! Carolina told them, "No, her mommy is dying for her." Carolina also said that the social worker told Anne Pearce that she would do her work fast for her, and said "ok baby, you go to U.S. very soon. Don't worry you be with Mommy very soon." Talk about answered prayers. I have been so distraught lately, and then I see how God has been taking care of us all along. We had to wait to get into Family Court, but when we did we got the perfect worker! I know it's hard for all of us waiting every day to hear about our children, but God is doing things even when we don't know about them. He is truly taking care of our children! Thank you God!!!!

Carolina had a chance to talk with Anne Pearce's birthmom. She said that she was very quiet and normal. She kissed Anne Pearce and told her how much she loved her and said you will be happy daughter, and have a good future. She also told Carolina that she would be thankful to us for the rest of her life. That we were a blessing to her, and that sending her to us was the best decision and gift she could ever give her daughter. How unselfish is that?? Anne Pearce is so loved by all her mommies. God has blessed us all in so many different ways, and he brings us all together for His good work and perfect plan. I will always be thankful to all the women who care for my daughter until I can. They deserve my lifelong love and respect. Please pray for all of them.

Anne Pearce weighs 14 lbs. and 7 oz. Carolina said that they changed her formula....I couldn't really understand why. She has also started eating bananas and apples. She is rolling over, and they said she wakes up laughing and playing in her crib. What a happy baby we have! We can't wait to be back with her. 2 weeks, 3 days, and counting! Thank you all my wonderful friends. I feel like I have my very own personal therapy and support group. You ladies rock!

Love to all,
Lou

3 comments:

Rose said...

Lou,
how awesome is that! The whole key to this process is getting proadoption people on your case! What a blessing! You are so fortunate to find out so much info on birthmom. This will be so important when she is older and starts with all those ?'s. I'm telling you...you are going to speed right through! It was great talking to you today...your voice sounds just like I thought it would. Have a happy day!
She is rolling over? How sweet! Rose

Andrea said...

I am glad you got to talk to your precious girl on the phone!! What a blessing!

Anonymous said...

What a blessed child Anne Pearce is to have such wonderful mommies looking out for her.

Don't send a lame Holiday eCard. Try JibJab Sendables!