Monday, June 18, 2007

Our embassy doesn't seem to want to talk to me!

Good news: We were submitted for PINK this morning! Bad News: The US Embassy won't return my phone calls or emails!!! I really haven't said a lot, but I have been sick for the past couple of days. Holly's Guatemalan Poo Flu seems to have jumped on me.....I am some better today, but I still feel kinda crummy. It's hard feeling like you know what and being the only one to care for a baby. Thank the Lord that AP is so GOOD! Jorge expects to hear when our appt. is Wednesday. If I haven't heard from the embassy I will go there and ask them for a faster appt. Worse case scenario would be that our appt. is the first week in July! Of course, we would hit the 4th of July holiday, and I don't know what that would do to our timeline. I haven't taken any pictures today, but I'll snap some tonight. Andrea is here and fine. There was some confusion, an JP isn't being brought until in the morning. I think I may go to Antigua with them Thursday! Check later for some pics.

love from Guatemala!
lou

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Lou,
FYI- When I was picking up my son a few weeks ago in Guatemala I got extremely ill at the Marriot. There is a house Doctor in the Marriot if you need him. He charged me $75.00 for his visit and exam.
I hope you feel better and keep yourself hydrated.

best of luck,
GretaJo

jajbs said...

Sorry to hear you are not feeling well. Still praying for favor with the embassy for you-- hang in there-- you are almost home! Can't wait to see pics of you and Nat with those precious babies!!!


Amanda

Jami said...

Lou - I'll pray that you feel better fast! I'm sorry!

Love you and praying!!

Kristi said...

Hoping and praying, praying and hoping!! Come on Embassy, send AP home soon!!! And give the rest of us stinking Pre-Approval, please!!!

THE MERRILL FAMILY said...

So sorry to hear that you aren't feeling well. Here's to getting healthy and getting that pink slip -- it will come!
~Beckie

Sweet To Our Seoul said...

Hope you feel better!! Here's hoping to some good news!
-April

Andrea said...

Oh Lou, I am sorry you're not feeling well! I will send you prayers for a speedy recovery and FAST pink!!

If you need ANYTHING, please do not hesitate to ask!

Much love!
a.

Unknown said...

Feel better Lou! I hope you get an appointment soon. I love reading your updates daily. Take care,

love,
Donna

Anonymous said...

Hey! I hope you're ok! I hate we played phone tag today. We were out when you buzzed early today. Your boys were great today. Everyone loved them, especially the preschool little girls! Maggie loved having them there, too. THey say they want to go back tomorrow!! I'm impressed!
Please take care of yourself and call us when you can. We miss you!
Hayden and Maggie watched videos and looked at pics on your blog this afternoon for a long time!
lovealee,
daisy

Kerry said...

Oh no! The Guatemalan Poo Flu has struck again. The good news is you will have Nat and Kennedy there to help you tomorrow! I'm so jealous! I want to go!

Alleen said...

ugh.. Hope you're feeling better soon. That's rough when there's nobody to tag-team with.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on PINK!! I hope your appointment is soon!

HollyGee said...

Dude, did you eat any watermelon??? It sucks that you are sick, get well soon.

Sharon and Olivia Grace said...

Oh no! Sorry you are sick. It's awful to be sick and not in the comforts of your own home. I hope you are turning a corner and on your way to feeling 100%.

Sharon

Ginger--Maya's mommy said...

Girl, you better get well. We have some partying to do. Seriously, I hope you feel better really soon.

Don't send a lame Holiday eCard. Try JibJab Sendables!