Thursday, March 29, 2007

YES, PGN gave us the boot today!

Our reviewer evidently didn't like our name affidavit. The reason we got kicked out is as follows: The stated reason is "names need to be written as they would be if they were Guatemalan."HELLO! The last time I checked I wasn't Guatemalan, and I don't write my name like they do!!!! For all you people waiting our agency said that EVERYONE is getting kicked out. They said that to kick us out for this they had to be just looking for a reason. That being said our agency REALLY helped us today get this resolved quickly. We resigned the name affidavit. My new name is my maiden name, my mom's maiden name, followed by my last name. CRAZY. Andrew had to do the same thing. We took the notarized form to our county seat and had it authenticated while we waited. Our agency is overnighting it to the state tomorrow, and when it comes back on Monday we are hiring a courier service to get it authenticated at the Guatemalan consulate. Hopefully we can be resubmitted on the Monday after Easter! I feel blessed that this k/o is something that we could fix and that our agency was behind us 100% in getting this resolved. We pray that this will be our one and only K/O and that we will fly through when we are resubmitted. I did have about an hour of pure hysteria, but then I had to snap out of it. God has some reason for this, and I still trust that He will have her soon. Our agency stated that it should be 4-8 weeks after the re-submit. I am praying for the 4 week time table. Please pray for that as well. This adoption is definitely a roller coaster, but God has made me a better person for it. I am a blessed mama. I will happily take Anne Pearce whenever He decides it is time.
Love you all!

I know you've seen this picture before, but I thought it was fitting for today's trauma!

15 comments:

Karen D. said...

I am praying for you guys! I am also praying that Abbie and I don't get a KO!

I love AP's expression in that picture!

See ya soon!
Love,
Karen

Bekah said...

Lou!!!! What in the world!!!! That is the most ridiculous (will be funny some day...I hope) reason to be kicked out of PGN that I have ever heard. Are we Guatemalan? Do you mind emailing me ALL of the ways you have your names listed on your Name Affidavit. I think I only had like 6 different ways (Drew maybe 2 or 3)and if everyone is getting kicked out for this I might as well have it authenticated when we drive the three hours to Columbus to have our DNA results authenticated. Thanks!! I am praying for 4 weeks...or LESS for AP!!! It can happen. Love you!

keelstar said...

Oh Lou, I am so sorry that you got a KO, I know how hard it is to receive a ridiculous KO. Our reviewer said that our witness statements were missing from our dossier, but they weren't! They were in our dossier the entire time and our attorney went to PGN to show our reviewer so we got back in that same day. It seems like they are looking for a reason to KO cases. I know I was heartbroken too at the time and it felt so unfair. But keep having faith that God's timing is perfect and that He knows the exact day & time when you will be united with AP forever! I love thinking about that as we wait for our travel date to bring Savannah home! I hope you only have 4 more weeks in PGN! Ours took almost 8 weeks after our KO, but I've seen lots come out before that!

Jami said...

Praying, praying, praying for a speedy "back in" AND OUT!!!! Love you!

Jami

Unknown said...

I'm so proud of you & Andrew today. You did what you could do, and that's what wonderful parents do for the children they love. Oh the stories we can tell her one day when she's been home for years of all the crazy things that happened and all the WONDERFUL things (let's not forget those) that happened on the journey to bring her here. We are continuing to pray and I'm believing God that His ways are greater than our ways whether we understand or not.
love you!
Daisy

Cheryl, said...

Lou,
I am so sorry about the K/O. Once you are resubmitted I bet it flies thru. I just now got back online. Very busy evening. See ya Sunday,
Cheryl

Emily said...

What a strange reason to get kicked out. I thought you only had to include the versions of your name that were included in your dossier. Where in the world does your name appear that way in your dossier?! The good news is that the rest of your dossier must be absolutely perfect or they wouldn't have had to made up a reason to kick you out!

Cameo said...

I am so so so sorry!!!! However, isn't it empowering to be able to stand up, fix the "problem" and get it done???? All by the grace of God I say!!! I'm keeping you in my prayers as usual!

Rose said...

Lou,
Just got yur comment!!! I can't believe that! How upsetting! Why are they so against us bringing home these babies? Let me know exactly how they want it so I can tell my agency. I had probably 15 different ways to write my name but I didn't even dream they would want it in Guatemalan. Ridikerus I say! Glad you handling it well. hugs! Rose

Unknown said...

Lou,

I am stunned at the reason for your KO! Nonsense...I'm glad your agency is helping in getting things fixed so you can get right back in. I would love to go undercover into the PGN and see exactly what it is that they do! This is quite the journey--the great part is we know what is waiting at the end. They will come home!

take care!
hugs,
Donna

jajbs said...

Lou,
I am so sorry for this disappointment. I just checked your blog and was upset to see this. You have been heavy on my heart all day today and so I prayed for you. Anne Pearce WILL be home soon--just follow your son's advice and trust God. He WILL see you and your family through this.

I will keep praying for a fast resubmit and then a fast OUT!!!!!

Amanda

Steve & Amy said...

Lou,

I am so stunned. I am sorry to hear of the KO. Well if that's the only thing "wrong" I think that your should have a speedy out. I know the day when AP will be placed in your arms forever is coming soon. Hang in there!

Hugs,
Amy

Andrea said...

i read Natalie's blog and had to come over and give you sme ((hugs)). I didn't get a previo for it, but you know we had to redo our name affidavit. AND, we didn't do it that way. So, now I am guessing we'll get another freakin' previo for that. I am SO tired of these made-up previos. But, like Hayden said, we have to trust God. He knows what He's doing. Hang in there!!

Andrea said...

Thank you for letting me know! I am so sorry--it is NOT a fun club to be in!! I will pray that the strength you have found holds out for you! I will also pray that you do not receive another K/O.

Let's begin the 4wk countdown!<><

Nan and Dan said...

So sorry to hear about your ko! absolutely ridiculous! I guess if they can't find a mistake they make one up?!?! We just got back in after being ko'd and out for 2 weeks.. It is just so frustrating to have no control over this process. I hope you get your paperwork back fast and get back in!!

Don't send a lame Holiday eCard. Try JibJab Sendables!