Monday, March 12, 2007

I'm back!


It's ridiculous how crazy I get when I can't connect to the Internet. You people are my life! :) I haven't told you all the story of my last night with AP. I was in horrible shape. After we got her to sleep I went and took a long bath. I sobbed the entire time just knowing that everyone on our hall could probably hear me. I prayed constantly, but I really didn't even know WHAT to say. I felt like I was just making noises that only God could understand. I got out of the tub, wrapped myself up in a towel, and sat in the middle of the floor. I cannot explain the pain that I felt at that time. It's like nothing I have ever experienced in my life. I wanted Andrew, and I wanted to take AP home with me! I was so upset over so many things, and then I just gave them away to God. At that moment I felt all the worry and angst lift from my shoulders. That doesn't mean that I wasn't sad anymore, but I knew that I wasn't alone. God was holding me at that moment as His child. I could feel that He loves me even more than I love Anne Pearce, and He hurts when I hurt. Since that moment life has been much better. I can't say that I don't miss Anne Pearce or that I'm not sad. I do miss her, and I am sad, but that's the way her mama is SUPPOSED to feel. Andrew and I both have such peace that she will be home soon. I not only ask God for a miracle.....I believe that He will give it. She will be home soon. Praise God!

11 comments:

Karen D. said...

Yea! You're back! I am happy now!
BOTH our girls will be home SOON! Right after I visit you in Alabama, WE will be picking up our girls together!!!!!

Love Ya!
Karen

Anonymous said...

AWESOME. That's all I can say. God is always honored when we trust Him when it's hardest.
Daisy

Andrea said...

I am so happy that you found some comfort. Grab on to it! I know in my heart that God's going to bless ALL of us soon! Love and prayers!

Anonymous said...

Hey Lou-

We just got home today...it feels strange - like I have an empty place in my heart yet I feel so full too. Full in Christ, full of love for my family and friends and full of hope that we will be bringing him home SOON! I'm glad to be home, yet missing my boy... Wow though, the weather is beautiful here. I turned off the heat and opened up the windows! We've been outside most of the day. It's supposed to get in the 70's tomorrow!! That helps coming hom too. I don't know what I'd be like if I was pent up in my house. Thank You Lord! Let's continue to hold one another up in prayer and love!!

I'm so glad to know you!! :)

Love ya,
Jami

Cheryl, said...

Lou,
That is one of my favorite photos of AP. I am so glad you are feeling better about leaving AP. She will be home soon. It wont be long. Let me know if you are coming over my way tomorrow.
Have a great night,
Cheryl

Bekah said...

Thanks for encouraging me and challenging me as you stand so firm in your faith that AP will be home soon. I have had so many doubts lately as I offer up many unanswered prayers and I need to hold on and continue to believe that the Lord will bring Eloisa home. It may not be in my time line (wah!) but He has a purpose even in us waiting over 4 months for a DNA test. Sometimes it would be nice to know what that purpose is! :) Someday I'll know...if not here, then in heaven.

Rose said...

Hey lou! Got you message tonight we went to church so we just got home. i will call you tomorrow...its mothers day out for me so I have all day to talk. Want to hear all about your trip. keep your head up your whole adoption has just flown by and soon you will be holding your sweet honey bear. i just love those pictures i could just eat her up! Rose

Angel said...

You are doing so great. Angel

Natalie said...

This post really touched me. You are amazing! Thank you so much for sharing your strength, encouragement, and especially your faith in God. I cannot thank you enough for the special things that you have shared.

Anonymous said...

Hey Lou-

I forgot to write down that website..."guatemama's etc." Could you give it to me!

Adios!
Jami

Anonymous said...

Hi Lou,
James & I met you at the Marriott this past weekend while we were visiting our Daughter Elena. Glad you got home safely as did we. Of course leaving Elena was the hardest thing we have ever done. I think I cried a million tears.
So much that I have decided to go back next month to see her again.
Hope the rest of the process goes quickly for you. Keep in touch and thanks again for taking pictures for us!
Janet Bishop - countryjet1@comcast.net

Don't send a lame Holiday eCard. Try JibJab Sendables!