Saturday, March 10, 2007

I prayed for strength, and God has given it to me.

I miss Anne Pearce desperately, but I have such a feeling of peace in my heart. I just KNOW that she will be home soon. Andrew feels the same way. Even though we miss her terribly, it is SO GOOD to be home. I just touched the walls of my kitchen last night. It seems like it has been so long since I've been here. The sleepless nights caught up with me, and I slept unitl 1:00 this afternoon! I feel lots better.

Yesterday when I had to give AP back I decided that I would try my best to stay calm.....I didn't want it to be any harder on her than it had to. When the foster mom and jorge came into the room AP got very quiet. When Carolina tried to take her AP turned away from her and onto me. She definitely knows who here mama is. I held her for a while and let her get used to them again. I did sob and sob during that last hug, and my good friend Jorge just stood there and patted my back. We all cried during this time, and AP looked like a little zombie with no expression. I know she was thinking, "Why are you leaving me Mommy?" I walked her up and down the hall the last night and explained to her what was going on and that mommy and daddy and her brothers would be back to bring her home soon. I swear she knows what I was saying. She is such a good girl..........I can't even explain her sweetness. Anyway, this morning I am ok. I truly feel that she will be home SOON. I am not worried about any of the changes going on down there. My faith is in my Lord. He will bring her to us soon.

Our flights were great yesterday. Karen will laugh when she reads this, but she moved us to some great seats. I am always obsessed with WHERE I am sitting, and I like to know where others are too. It's just my thing. My ears stopped up on the last flight into Mobile, and they are STILL stoppped up. I have tried everything. For now all sounds are muted! Atleast it happened here and not there. That medicine held me over until I got home. They also lost our luggage!!!!! It DID NOT make it to Mobile last night. Karen and I were freaking out, because all the gifts were in those bags, and we bought TONS of stuff. They are delivering our bags to us within the hour. I really didn't care........What can compare with leaving your child??? Nothing seems as important.

I do really want to thank Karen again. She was such a blessing to have on this trip. She was so good with her god daughter and helped me so much. I would never have made it like I did without her there with me. I know it was a sacrifice for her family for her to make this trip, and I am so thankful.

We all love Anne Pearce. Let's keep praying her home.

Love to you all.

10 comments:

Karen D. said...

I have been stalking your blog today, wondering how you were! Glad to see that you are making it...! I am praying AP home too!

I can't believe that I will be in Alabama in less than a month! :-)

Love Ya!
Karen

Natalie said...

Lou, reading your comment on my blog about praying and blowing kisses to all of our babies put tears in my eyes. Then...I come over here, read your post and start to cry. It just touched me. I admire your faith and strength. Thank you.

Angel said...

Your attitude is light years beyond what mine was at this stage! Good for you.

You know, during our process it helped me to remember what a grandparent relationship is like. For that time it was like Zoe thought of me that way. We had a blast, we were very close, she obeyed me but she expected to still live with Glenda.(foster mom)At first it was so hard for me to swallow that I didn't have the place I wanted quite yet. Then I was so grateful. I began to realize that Zoe didn't feel abandoned. She was comfortable with the status of things. Of course it was hard everytime I left but I would call the next day and she was fine. God had given her such a wonderful family. Slowly I was able to let go of my frustration and recognize that she was so happy and that I needed to be content in the place God had me. Then when it was my turn it would be right. Sure enough... it was right. I think you are handling it so beautifully.

I really know what you are feeling. It feels as if half of your heart is in one country and half is in another. When you are here you miss Guatemala- when you are there you miss home. To me my times in Guatemala truly seem like a hazy dream. Even when I was there it seemed a little unreal. It's just a strange situation. Overwhelming and wonderful and exhausting and exhilarating...it is extreme emotion on every level. In ten days time you experience intense emotions across the board in this surreal environment.

IT IS A WILD RIDE AND WORTH EVERY CRAZY SECOND. You keep up the good work. I will rejoice with you as she gets closer and closer to coming home.

Angel

Anonymous said...

I'm encouraged by what you wrote. I'm glad to hear you are ok, and we all just can't wait to get back to our little street and put our arms around you. Maggie will be THRILLED!!
God is going to bless your attitude and your faith. It's inspiring to see you let God work in the process of adoption and not just in the end result. Each second He has us here can be something else He wants to teach us. Thank you for showing that to all of us.
We love you all!!!!!
Wyatt, Daisy, Maggie & ????
(Pop & Mimi say hello and send their love, too!!)

Jami said...

Lou -

We miss you all down here...it was so great being together! I feel like Hudson will be home soon too- wouldn't that great to be back down here together again..bringing our babies home!!! I'm starting to feel the realization that tomorrow I have to say goodbye. I am trusting that Christ will fill me with peace.

Love you!
Jami

Anonymous said...

Oh, I miss that sweet little girl! I have to say that Lou & Drew are not exaggerating. AP is just the sweetest baby! Even when she didn't feel well, she was happy. I am so thankful that I had the chance to spend a few days with her. Hang in there, Lou & Andrew...she will be coming home soon. In the meantime, know that we will keep praying for a speedy homecoming! Thanks a million for sharing your sweet baby with me! XO Karen

Rose said...

Yes its 12:00 am and I am checking your blog, Just wanted to let you know I am thinking of you and AP all the time and I know she will be coming home soon!!!!! love always, Roseann

Andrea said...

Cling to your faith! He will take care of you ALWAYS! That's the best advice I can give you! Your sweet girl will be home soon!

It's Me....Dea said...

Welcome home! One more trip (of a lifetime) and you'll finally be home together...where you belong.

Anonymous said...

I pray to the Almighty to give you all the strength.The photographs are really cute!!Do stop by my Friendship Blog sometime!!

Don't send a lame Holiday eCard. Try JibJab Sendables!