Friday, March 30, 2007

What does one do when one gets kicked out of PGN for no good reason to cheer said one UP??

Well............since you asked......... I went today to buy a new mattress set. We just redid our garage....it's now Logan's room. He needed a bigger bed, so we figured we would get new mattresses and give him our old ones. I rolled all over mattresses at a local furniture store. While I was making my decision I strolled around the store. I spotted a GORGEOUS bed. Now mind you I went in just to buy mattresses. DH just smiled at me. When I know I like something I WANT it when it comes to furniture. No shopping around for me. It's either me or it's not. This bed screamed, "LOU, I'M FOR YOU!" SO, when we left we had bought the bed, night stand, and the mattresses. It will be beautiful with the dresser and chest I already have. Catch this.....the sales lady said, "It will be 4-6 weeks until your bed will be here. How do you feel about having to wait?" I told her that I was waiting on my baby from Guatemala and waiting for this bed will be a BREEZE. SEE, this adoption has taught me PATIENCE! Thank you, God. That was a lesson I needed to learn. You all know we had a bad day yesterday. We had a better one today. God sent us a blessing (not adoption related) that we have been praying for for months. I just smiled. God will take care of all of our needs. We didn't give up faith and our prayers were answered today. It wasn't in our timeline, but God's timeline is perfect for me. The same goes with Anne Pearce. My timeline would have her home yesterday, but I trust that my Father has a more perfect plan than I can even imagine. So, Thank you God for teaching me a little more about faith, patience, and how to be closer to you. All these lessons are making me a better person!

Love to all!

12 comments:

Andrea said...

I'm sitting here thankful that you seem to have a good day today! Take them as they come and enjoy them while they last!! God is good--even in the storm! <><

Cameo said...

Ah, yes God's timeline and faith are two things I have a whole new appreciation for now! I bought a necklace for myself that says "Faith, Strength, Patience". That is my mantra and what I pray for every night. And of course, 100 times throughout the day! LOL. Enjoy your new bedset!

Jami said...

I can't wait to see pictures of your room when it is done!!

Sending my love to you!

Jami

Natalie said...

I'm excited to see this new bed! Talk about retail therapy!

So glad things went better for you today!

jajbs said...

It's amazing how shopping makes you feel better. I cannot wait to see the room! I am glad you are doing better. God is faithful and will take care of our every need. He sees the big picture, while we see a very small part. I am continuing to pray for quick in and quick out! (((hugs)))

Amanda

Stacie said...

Hey Lou! Jus wanted to let you know that we are continuing to pray for your family! We're right there with you!! The fact that Satan keeps firing at us ought to be a sign that we're doing SOMETHING right!!

Karen D. said...

A little shopping always cheers me up! I want to see this new bed!
I am still praying!

Have a great weekend!

See ya soon!
Love,
Karen

Rose said...

Retail therapy always helps! I am wanting to go buy Bro a crib but still scared! I feel so bad for Bekah...I am sure this will happen to me. I keep thinking DNA will happen then I get am email stating we just got authorization. I guess it will happen when it does! have a nice weekend! Rose

Anonymous said...

I love your attitude, and you always make me feel better. When I think about how long I've really known you, it amazes me at what a huge part of our lives your family has become.
I can't wait to see the new stuff!!!
love ya'!
Daisy

Tracy said...

I am praying for you everyday.
Tracy

Candy said...

UGGGGGG that is a pretty STUPID reason for a KO...i heard they were going to get more...insane...but I mean really...I am so sorry I hope you get Great News in 4 weeks or LESS...your daughter is a doll

Nan and Dan said...

You said it perfectly!!
Nancy

Don't send a lame Holiday eCard. Try JibJab Sendables!