Wednesday, August 8, 2007

The WILDEST Story EVAH!!!!!

OK, Long story, short. Do you all remember how we had luggage stolen on our way home from Guatemala??? Remember how we lost smocked dresses and MOST of Andrew's clothing???? Well, SHUT UP AND SIT DOWN!!!!!! We just got a call from SPIRIT airlines. Before I go any further we didn't fly SPIRIT....We flew CONTINENTAL!!!!! Spirit airlines found our bags in Fort Lauderdale, Florida!!!!! I have never been to Ft. Lauderdale in my life! They looked inside our bags and saw our information.(Thank you SPIRIT AIRLINES!!!) We always put a piece of paper with our contact info in every bag when we travel..... This time it payed off!!!! THEY HAVE OUR LUGGAGE!!!! OVER ONE MONTH LATER!! Can you believe this??? Andrew is on the phone as I type with Continental. They are calling Ft. Lauderdale to make sure our bags get transferred to them. I made Andrew give me the phone, and I BEGGED the guy to make sure that it doesn't get lost now...... My bible was in that bag! and a monogrammed blankie! and my fav pink and brown plaid shorts! Not to mention all of Andrew's stuff. We have replinished both of their wardrobes by now, but it will be nice to get all that stuff back. I wonder if all the stuff is even still in it???? I can't wait to see those bags.....It sounds like they have had quite the trip! You guys know I will take photos of the entire missing bag homecoming to share. WOW! That's all I can say: WOW! OK, Andrew just got off the phone, and he said some chick named Lorraine from Continental is on her way to get our bags!!!! She had already talked to Spirit!!!! WHOOO HOOOO the bags are there!!!!! They said they are shipping them out tomorrow. What a cool ending to our homecoming trip!!!!!

15 comments:

Andrea said...

You mean our matching plaid shorts were missing!?!? Oh LouLou, I'd be DEVASTATED if those shorts were lost. How crazy is that, though?? I am SO glad-it's like Christmas in August. Woo hoo!!

Good idea on the piece of paper with contact info. Have to do that when we fly.

Cameo said...

How freakin' cool is that???? Mom came up with the idea of piece of paper and info in all our bags before we went to GC. You two aren't just pretty faces!!! So happy for you!!!!!

LouLou said...

Yes, A! Our matching old lady golfing shorts were GONE! Can you imagine the pain and separation anxiety I felt???? I can't get TOO excited until I see them with my own eyes!

Shannon said...

OK. Seriously. Brown & Pink plaid? I need to see this-any pics??

I am glad you are gettin' your bags back!!!

Angel said...

AWESOME! That is a good idea. I need to make sure I put that in our suitcase too. AND I am going to come crash at your place!!!!!!! I'm coming to Guatoberfest. WOOOOHOOOO! Awesome. :0) Angel

Kristi said...

Lou - that is just too funny! I cannot believe that someone found your bags and contacted you! Your bags are coming HOME!! THey have PINK!!!

Kim said...

Kristi - cracking up! Lou's bag has PINK!!! :) That is wild! My mom had a new video camera and Bose headphones stolen out of her CARRY ON BAG on our way down to Guat on our pick up trip. It was American Airlines and we think the flight attendant was working with the ground folks in Dallas. My parents are still fighting it. Needless to say - my parents will never fly AA again!

I'm so happy for you and can't wait to see the pictures.

Anonymous said...

Too incredible!! That's awesome. It's also just a little bit cool that it was "spirit" airliines. ?? i've never heard of them but it SOUNDS safe!! =) ha, ha.
Daisy

Emily said...

Wow, that amazing! I bet things like that don't happen very often!

Melissa said...

How exciting that your luggage had a little adventure of its own, but now is ready to come home.

I'm surprised the luggage wasn't found earlier...I wonder where it was all this time...

Steve & Amy said...

So glad the monogrammed things made their way home:) What a story!!!!

Ruthanne said...

Wow!! That is a crazy story. Hope your luggage enjoyed it's vacation. So glad to hear the shorts are making their way home to you. (aren't those the ones you asked us about in Guat? "How many days can I get away with wearing these? I believe were your exact words.) Maybe the shorts were just looking for a washing machine. :)

Sweet To Our Seoul said...

That is absolutely CRAZY!!! If only your luggage could talk, huh?? I bet it would have a pretty good story to tell!! Thank goodness they found it!!

-April

Jami said...

Lou - that is hilarious!! We need to fly Spirit!!

jajbs said...

Glad you will soon be reunited-- please post pics of that and I, too, want to see those shorts!

Amanda

Don't send a lame Holiday eCard. Try JibJab Sendables!