Wednesday, August 1, 2007

For all the waiting mommies.......

Tonight as I was rocking my little pumpkin to sleep I stopped and just THOUGHT for a moment about the miracles that God created to send His little angel to me. He chose ME to be her mama out of all the millions of people on this earth. Just looking at her little face knowing that our heavenly father orchestrated all this for ME just humbles and amazes me. Tears streamed down my face, as I looked at Anne Pearce all the while thanking God for sending her to us. Would that moment have been any more perfect if I had one of those "miracle" babies home at 5 or 6 months old? NO! The moment was perfect, because that is the way God planned it. I don't know why so many of us have had such a wait, BUT I do truly believe that God's plan is truly perfect! Who are we to question the creator on HIS timeline???? Does that mean the waiting isn't horrible? HELL NO! Excuse my French! Waiting for Anne Pearce was the hardest thing I've ever had to do in my life, but through that experience God made a better person out of me! He brought me closer to Him through the waiting. I think about all the mommies and daddies going through this difficult time of waiting, and my heart and prayers go out to you daily. What I want to give you tonight is HOPE and a PROMISE........ KNOW tonight that SOON your angels will be home with you, and you will be rocking them to sleep! KNOW that God chose YOU to parent one of HIS fatherless. KNOW that you have been given a mission that is so close to God's heart. KNOW that when your darling is home all this pain will be a distant memory. Don't give in to the fear and doubt and anger and depression and all the things that Satan uses to try to distract us! Keep you eyes on your reward and the PROMISE of God. On earth your reward is a precious package from Guatemala. Your eternal reward is even more wonderful for doing God's work! Can you just imagine the day when we are all in heaven laughing with the angels rejoicing over all God's mighty miracles??? I don't know if this rambling helped anyone or not........ I just felt the need to reach out to you tonight. In my prayer I actually FELT some of your pain. I like to think that maybe God is using me to let you know that this pain is temporary and that He hears you and will answer.

I love you all,
lou

29 comments:

lynne said...

How lucky is AP to have a mother as sweet as you are Lou.

jajbs said...

Wow! God used you in my life in a BIG way tonight. I am struggling with all of the setbacks we seem to face. At times, I wonder if this is His will and then I realize that it is. We are just facing spiritual opposition.

You have really helped me tonight, Lou and for that I am most thankful for finding your blog. My heart was heavy today. I miss my Bella more than words can describe and have been mourning all of the losses. But you have confirmed what the Lord has been whispering to my heart all day today-- HIS timing is perfect and who am I to demand or question it?

Thanks, Girlfriend and I hope to meet you one day.


Love ya,
Amanda

Shannon said...

Oh, Lou....you have touched the innermost part of my being. {{sigh}}
I am so moved {{tears}} by your words of encouragement. They were needed by me more than you will ever know. Thank you a million times over....

PS-The song is wonderful....

Jami said...

Lou - thanks for the encouragement! It makes me want to stand tall - keep trusting and remember the JOY in the journey!! I LOVE YOU!!

Natalie said...

You know I already think you're amazing and this just confirms how AMAZING you really are. You are such an encouragement to everyone and such a great example of a faithful servant of God. You are a tool in His hands. ..sharing your testimony and grace with others. Ahhhh...I just love this post :) Love you!

Andrea said...

Thank you SO much for your encouragement. These delays are so incredibly tough. Thank you for your prayers-I really, really appreciate them!! Much love to you always!!

Kristi said...

Right again, Lou Lynn, right again! Thank you!

Angel said...

Good stuff lady! VERY TRUE! Hugs,Angel

Anonymous said...

I am a lurker on your blog, and check it daily. You daughter is just too cute.

Tomorrow is week 12 for me of waiting for my referral, and the wait is getting hard. Thank you for sharing your heart, and reminding me that one day I will be rocking my baby girl too!!

-Terri Anne
www.youbelong.net/terrianne

Karen D. said...

Yes, you did help! Thanks for the encouragement!!!

Love Ya!
Karen

Emily said...

Thank you Lou. This week has really been a struggle and it is so nice to hear that it will only be a distant memory when Moses is home.

Bekah said...

This week has been such a HUGE struggle for some reason. It's amazing to have women out there that actually can feel my pain and know in the innermost part of their hearts how difficult this journey is. It's such an awesome encouragement and joy to know that I am not alone and that I am prayed for, that my daughter is prayed for. The Lord is so good. I love to watch his people rise up and stand next to each other. I think it must make him smile.

Bo, Becky, and Sophie said...

Thanks for you words of encouragement, Lou. You are such a blessing!

Becky

Kerry said...

Beautiful, Lou. I KNOW God used you in this post. I couldn't have said it better.

Kerry said...

By the way, I can't come to your blog anymore without crying because of that music! Kills me every time!

Kristin said...

Thanks, Lou!! It means alot!!

Hugs,
Kristin

Anonymous said...

Thanks for continuing to pray and think about us Lou. You are always such a source of strenght and wisdom for me. I appreciate it!
Love you,
Gina

The Cook said...

Great post Lou. it is all in his time. I feel so lucky too that God picked Sophie for me. I too often think of those waiting...it was so hard but it really strengthened my relationship with heavenly Father too.

Anonymous said...

Lou, I have been stalking your blog for months now, Anne Pearce is adorable, and you are an inspiration. Thank you so much for your post, it brought tears to my eyes and some much needed peace to our endless days of waiting for our own sweet miracle - Owen.

Carolyn

Anonymous said...

Lou, you can't imagine how your post touched my heart! I've been putting all my "pain" away for right now with school back in session. I do truly believe that God chose us to be our little one's moms and dads. Your words were a gentle reminder of how powerful He is and how His timeline is always perfect. Thanks for the encouragement and your prayers.
Love,
Bethany and Caroline

Ruthanne said...

Lou---thanks for remembering those of us still waiting. The only thing that gets me through this wait is knowing that God is in control of this and I do not have to worry; just wait. My arms ache for my little boy and I hope to be rocking him to sleep soon, too. Thanks for the prayers---keep 'em coming!

Karen D. said...

Our wait is growing MUCH shorter! We have PINK! I wll give you a call!

Love ya!
Karen

Anonymous said...

Amen Girl!

Melissa said...

I needed to hear those words so badly. Thanks for the hope and the promise.

Unknown said...

Thank you for your encouragement and kind words. All we can do is pray--and others' prayers are what keep us going!

Tam said...

Now you went and made me cry...{hugs}

Jenn said...

Great post. Very encouraging. Thank you so much for your encouragement from the other side of things!

Jennifer

Sig said...

I have to say AMEN to this post. I second everything and have thought this many a time myself.
ALl the heartache and tears and frustration, I owuld do it all again in a heartbeat for it to end the same way.

Anonymous said...

Wow! I just stumbled across your blog tonight (a link off of Devon's) and I can't believe that I am reading this. You have no idea how much I needed to hear these words. My heart is aching right now for my precious little boy in Guatemala. I want him, need him, crave him to by in my arms again. Thank you for the hope and for putting my focus back where it should be. God IS good and I really do pray that all of this pain will soon be erased.

You have a beautiful family. Thank you so much for this post.

Don't send a lame Holiday eCard. Try JibJab Sendables!