Sunday, August 5, 2007

Happy Birthday, Logan and Why NO Sleepy??

Almost enough candles to start a forest fire!

He DID get them out! Check out the smoke!!!!
The best presents EVAH!
We gave AP a piece of cake.....she played with it more than she ate it!
Hey, let me see if I can get all this gooey stuff all over me!
Yep, I can!
Hey, Logan, thanks for sharing your cake with me!
I love you, Logan, and you are a fantastic big brother!!!!

First of all, HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my wonderful now 13 year old Logan! Logan was at his dad's until late this afternoon, so we really didn't get to celebrate the way we like to. SO, tomorrow is "All About Logan Day". We are going to do all the things he wants to do...and eat some goodies I'm sure! I can't believe that my first baby is now a teenager!!!! A TEENAGER!!!!! I HAVE A TEENAGER FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!!!! I DON'T FEEL OLD ENOUGH TO HAVE A TEENAGER!!! What do you do with a teenager, by the way??? Any suggestions would be appreciated!!!!


On another note, AP is not sleeping again. I feel like it's all my fault. Last week I got my haircut and left AP with her very loving and capable Aunt Lisa. She was fine the entire time she was with them, but payback came later!!! She was beside herself with me that entire night and next day. She was frantically keeping me in her sight at all times. I felt horrible for her. We don't talk a lot about this on our blogs, but everything isn't perfect. Our children have gone through tremendous changes in short periods of time. Can you imagine always being scared that the people you love the most are going to leave you???? She wasn't ready for me to leave her. I know some babies are fine, but obviously she wasn't ready. I am so thankful that I don't have to work anymore. I CANNOT imagine leaving her everyday. I had to work with Logan and Hayden, and I HATED leaving them, but they were completely attached and fine. Anne Pearce is another story. She is attached to all of us, but she can't take being away from us next. I WILL NOT BE LEAVING HER AGAIN for quite a while. That makes life very difficult at times, but I am blessed to have my mama and Daisy who will step in whenever they can. I know that eventually she will work through all these feelings and be fine. Until then we're all going to do whatever she needs us to do. That's a mommy and daddy's job!!!!! If anyone has any suggestions on attachment or any web sites I should visit or books I should read, PLEASE comment. I'll be sure to take plenty of pics during Logan Day and share later! Love to all you in blogging world!

12 comments:

It's Me....Dea said...

Happy Birthday, Sweet Logan! Whew, 13! Duck tape (for him) and ear plugs (for you & Drew):-) It should be safe to untape him from the wall/chair/bed in about 5 years.

As far as attachment advice, you know I'm the book queen, but as SG isn't home yet, I can't give any real life advice. I would think that Lisa would be a voice of wisdom in this area.

btw, I have some news, but as I got it "illegally" you'll have to call me to find out ;-)

Kerry said...

I'm sure you read all about our attachment experience. I don't have any books to recommend. Just give her time. That's all she needs and she will adjust and attach perfectly. Don't listen to everyone else. Listen to AP. She knows what she needs!

LouLou said...

Kerry, You ROCK!

lynne said...

I look forward to your blog every day.You can tell that AP is sooo
loved.

Cameo said...

Thank you for posting this my Lou Lou. I like hearing the REAL story of when the babies come home, it will help prepare me for when V comes home. Thank you for being so honest. Love you!

Natalie said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LOGAN!!!! I hope you had a great day and I hope you have an even better day tomorrow on "All About Logan Day"!

Lou, I'm loving the idea of the duct tape! We might have to use that on our daughters as well :)

Kim said...

Happy Birthday, Logan!!

I don't have any attachment advice - except what Kerry has already said. Alex seemed to transition just fine (I say seemed - because who really knows except for him!). Even with that, I took about 12 weeks at home before I felt like he was really feeling comfortable with everything.

AP will tell you what she needs - just listen to her. People may think you are crazy and that you should leave her more - or let other people hold her - or feed her - or change her - but go with your gut. That's what I did with Alex and we seem to be figuring it out.

That said - if you are like me and like to read stuff to get ideas - the website that I've heard mentioned the most is www.a4everfamily.org (although it's not working right now). I haven't looked at the web site very much, so I can't offer an opinion.

You'll get through this - and I can't wait to meet a wonderfully attached and bonded little girl in October! (oh yeah, and her mom!!)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Logan!!! How'd we miss out on that awesome looking cake????? =) Maybe we can catch up with you today on "Logan Day". That's an awesome way to make him feel special. I love it!
He's a good kid so turning 13 won't change that. All your kids are great! It makes me sad to think about AP being sad and the things you talked about. You know we are here and we love her so very very much and we'll do whatever we can to help. If there's a morning this week you need sleep, just call me. You know I have NO problems crossing the street in my pj's!!!!
lovealee!
Daisy

Bekah said...

Thanks for being honest about how the attachment is going. It actually makes me more at ease to hear you talk about this than if you said all was glamorous and fine and dandy because I know more what to expect. No advise here since Isa isn't home yet. Praying for you and Miss AP.

Gail said...

Thanks for the attachment advice. It's nice to hear from someone who has beent there first. Hang in there. AP is a wonderful little person and will be a super adult because of her loving family.
Gail

Sig said...

Yup, I will agree with Kim's 12 weeks...Abby was doing so well, one day we took the kids out and left her with the sitter (who she knew well). Well, we came back within 10 minutes, we got a call she was crying (which she barely did). I did not make that mistake again for another 2 months. Now she is fine.
Really, the only attachment we went through is that she wanted only US for months and heck, if that is what it took, that is what she got!
Our babies have been through so much change, they are just amazing creatures!!

Angel said...

Just want you to know I think you are RIGHT ON TARGET! I think it's awesome that you are so sensitive to what is going on.

I totally agree with Kerry. As mommies we just have to let our kids tell us what they need. That's not spoiling them. That just loving them. Our society has a lot of strange rules about where your kid should sleep or when they should be "ready" to be left. I think we are one of the only countries that operates on this particular system. Every kiddo is different and needs different things. It is ESPECIALLY important with our adopted angels.

When that voice inside you tells you need to do one thing and the child care worker at church is telling you different... stick to your guns girl! You are an awesome mamma!

Zoe wasn't ready to be away from us for several months. When she first got home she would start to panic if we were all in the car and I got out to return a movie. "Where is Mommy? Where is she going?" It was really sad. BUT now she could not care less!!! When anyone Zoe cared about left (like the granparents after a weekend visit) Zoe would WEEP as if she would never see them again. She would SAY "I'm never going to see them again!" POOR BABY! Of course now she's like "Bye! See ya later!!" Hee hee. It's like a whole new kid. She just needs time to heal and trust.

When KK was a baby I really like the books by Dr William Sears. He has adopted and has a LOT of kids. He is also a doctor and a christian. I got a lot out of those books.

Anyway... I am babbling. Hugs, Angel

Don't send a lame Holiday eCard. Try JibJab Sendables!