Sunday, July 15, 2007

Today was such a special day for our family!

Here is Anne Pearce's cake.... It was so beautiful that I hated to cut it! Proud Parents!
Ap's like, "Gimme that cake"!
In our beautiful church.....


My sweet friend, Becca, with AP. She has prayed SO hard for this baby!

Our clan

Anne Pearce's godparents, Mark and Karen.....Aunt Lisa got away before we got a picture of her!
Getting some lovin'
Proud grandparents
Here we are with our pastors Chip and Dana. Chip has been a constant source of strength for us during this entire process. We love you, Chip!



Mock ceremony pics....we're not allowed to take any during the actual ceremony.
Anne Pearce just wanted Mommy all day!
Chip loves Anne Pearce so much....I wish she wouldn't have been so fussy with him.... That just means she'll have to spend lots of time with him to get used to him!
Here is Anne Pearce in her Christening gown. This gown was first worn by my great-grandfather and is over 100 years old. I wore it 36 years ago!







I have stated time and time again that God led us to Anne Pearce. He not only led us to adoption, He carried us THROUGH it. I can honestly tell you that waiting for Anne Pearce was the most difficult thing I have ever done in my life. The pain of having your child away from you in another country is sometimes unbearable. I tried to handle it well, but sometimes I wasn't myself, and I regret that. I know we all handle things differently, and I TRIED my very best.... I will admit that sometimes I just was miserable! God doesn't promise that everything He tells us to do will be easy, but His rewards are magnificent. Today Anne Pearce was baptised. I cannot even explain the feeling of joy I had when our wonderful pastor, Chip, dedicated our child's life to the Lord. Even now just writing about it brings tears to my eyes. You see, our church helped us bring Anne Pearce home in SO many ways. Our church family prayed diligently for the months it took to bring her home. They were always there for us......many people even gave donations to help with the costs and for our visit trips. Our church is amazing. You can just feel God everywhere! I was so proud to be able to share Anne Pearce with our entire church. She doesn't just belong to our family......she belongs to everyone. Chip pointed out today that Anne Pearce is proof of our faith. She is the best reward that God could give us. So many of our friends were there to support us, and it was wonderful! JUST WONDERFUL!!! Thank you, sweet Jesus, for our precious daughter. My prayer is that she will be a servant to You for her entire life! Thank you to everyone who has supported us in any way during this adoption. Anne Pearce belongs to you too!

29 comments:

theowensclan said...

Lou, this is the most touching part of the whole journey. To hear your words, to feel your joy and have felt your pain, to see the transformation you and everyone around you went through (including myself). What an amazing way God reveals himself to us, here on Earth. Because of this, I know the joy you have right now will only be magnified when we are reunited with him heaven. Thank you for sharing this experience, even with blank strangers. You have been a light for Christ by making so many people a part of this amazing journey God led you through. Thank you, so much.

Rose said...

Lou,
What a beautiful post! Ap is going to have a wonderful life especially having Jesus in her life and you and andrew as parents.
Roseann

Anonymous said...

You brought tears to my eyes!

Ginger--Maya's mommy said...

Such a sweet day!!!

Melissa said...

What a beautiful day. That last photo of Anne Pearce is just precious, my absolute favorite of all of her photos. That cake was gorgeous too!

Anonymous said...

Lou,
All of these photos are so beautiful, except the one of me with a weak eye and beaver teeth. You must take that one off! No wonder Anne Pearce was giving me a "not so sure about you" look. It wasen't the tickle finger, it was my teeth. ha ha ha Seriously, although these photos are so beautiful, they do not even begin to show how truly special this moment was when Anne Pearce was given back to God. Wow! Again, I'm soooo happy for you and your family. She is a precious angel.
Love,
Becca

Karen D. said...

Awesome post! I love the pictures! Glad that it was a special day!

Love,
Karen

It's Me....Dea said...

It was a special day, indeed! Thank you so much for involving us, we had so much fun at lunch...and with the boys afterwards too. We need to get together more often.

love to all,
D

Erica said...

How beautiful! What a wonderful day!
Erica

Crystal said...

hey you!!! This is the most beautiful post ever!!! OOH what a special day!!!! Lou you radiate the light of Jesus!!! I had tears in my eyes reading your post!!! I am sooo happy for you and your family to have Anne Pearce home forever!!!!

Her cake was so beautiful and that dress how amazing and special is that?!!!!!!!

I think it is so amazing to see you give her back to God it brings tears to my eyes!!! Thank you for sharing with all of us!!!!! PRAISE JESUS SHE IS HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Steve & Amy said...

Oh God is so good!! What a special day! The gown is beautiful. The pictures are even more beautiful. I can't wait to see what plans God has for AP!

Anonymous said...

That was so sweet, and as always you make me cry!!
Wyatt said he thought AP was too tall for that dress!! He's so crazy!
oh, i do want to borrow that dress Maggie tried on tonight for wyatt to see!!!!!!! hahahahahaha! oh, i'm dying laughing again!
lovealee, daisy!!!

Katie said...

AP is lucky to have such a awesome church family !! God is Good !!

Katie said...

AP is lucky to have such a awesome church family !! God is Good !!

Cameo said...

Oh my Lou Lou, I'm so happy for you!!!! The dress is BEAUTIFUL and the cake? Breathtaking!!! Where did you get it? I'm so happy that you were able to do today what you have been wanting to do for months!!! Love ya! And you ARE going to Guatoberfest, right????

The Cook said...

That dress is soooooo pretty. i love it. I know how you feel, there is something about baptizing my daughter that felt so amazingly special...more special then I imagine a bio child's baptism would be only because God really held us in the palm of his hand during our journey and we honestly have never felt more close to God and more blessed in our lives and giving him the small token of thanks by promising to raise our daughter according to his word was such an amazing experience. I cried...several times. I really am so happy for you and your family. Your daughter is heaven sent and clearly you were meant to be her mommy forever.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the new picture Lou, this one is much better. LOL I could just eat her up. That cake is looking mighty delicious too. I've decided you and Andrew look too young to have 3 kids. You guys look like you are 25. I want some of that water you must be drinking.
Love,
Becca

Natalie said...

Hey hun. What a special day for you all. I've been thinking of you and praying for you all day. This post has put tears in my eyes (and you know that is not an easy task)! I completely admire you and your faith. You are such an amazing person...no wonder I love you so much! In fact, you are such an amazing family...I love you all. AP looks absolutely gorgeous in her gown...how special that was for her to wear it. I do feel bad that I wasn't able to be there for such a momentous occasion, but you do know that I was there is spirit! Congratulations! We'll talk tomorrow. Love you.

Anonymous said...

Amazing! I love the history of that dress. That is the coolest ever. My daughter has an amazing dress and we wanted to start that tradition with her, so glad to hear of that actually working. I loved everything. I bet there was not a dry eye in the house. I also hate that you had to cut that cake. Ashley

Bekah said...

Amazing dress. How special to have such a long history behind it. AP is beautiful and I know that as she grows she will be just as beautiful in spirit. (She already is sweet spirited I'm sure but I can't wait to see what the Lord has in store for her...BIG THINGS!)

Andrea said...

How precious!!!!

GOD BLESS!

Kerry said...

What a beautiful day. Congratulations!

JuJu - said...

awwwwwwwwwwww - you ARE coming to Atlanta - RIGHT?????

Unknown said...

What a special day for your family! I got teary-eyed looking at her in the family heirloom gown. Just gorgeous!

Tam said...

Beautiful post...That cake is amazing! I can see why you wouldn't want to cut it.

Anonymous said...

AP is just beautiful in her dress!! What an amazing feeling it must have been for you to see her in the gown that has been worn by so many past generations. Your family will forever be in prayers, I'm sure God has great things in store for ALL of you.

Sharon and Olivia Grace said...

God Bless Anne Pearce!

Her gown is beautiful! I was just posting on my blog and I realized that the gown on display at my adoption agency's visitor's center is very similar to your gown (last picture, www.worththewait2us.blogspot.com). It was a popular style back then. How wonderful that Anne Pearce was able to wear the same gown that so many before her were blessed in.

Congratulations!

Sharon

Ava Bella said...

Hi,

My name is Katie and I have been following your progress the last couple months. My husband and I are in the process of adopting from guatemala and just wanted you to know what a great source of hope and encouragement you have been. We are awaiting a referral and reading all about all of the amazing things we have to look forward to has really helped the time pass. Thank you soo much! We have just started our blog, I have alot of work to do on it, but the address is included if you are interested.

Sincerly,
Katie


guatebaby.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing the pictures, they were beautiful. I've enjoyed following your story of Anne Pearce's adoption.

Don't send a lame Holiday eCard. Try JibJab Sendables!