Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Cheers to Harry Potter! and edited with new news~

I just finished the last book and had tears streaming down my cheeks as I finished it. It's so sad to me knowing this is the END.......no more books.....I feel like one of my friends has gone away forever. Corny??? Yes, I know, but I have been a Harry fan since book 1. My sister, mom, Logan, and I all read and discuss for months! We love it. It's been much harder to read this one with a VERY active 9 month old, but somehow I managed it. Nat has been furious with me.......I haven't been talking on the phone or anything! Every spare second has been spent reading. Now I can re-enter the non-magical world.....ALTHOUGH it would have been fabulous to have a magic potion that would make AP sleep! Tomorrow we are going to have her pictures taken by a photographer with Celebrating Adoption. Anne Pearce is the first adoptive baby that this photographer is doing, and we're very excited! I'll let you know how it goes. I also promise to take some new AP pics this afternoon to post.......

I just got off the phone with Nat.....It's official....she, Kennedy, and Bella are coming for 10 days in October! We are going to Guatoberfest together, and then we're coming back here to hang out. They will be here for Anne Pearce's first birthday!!! We are so excited. We are going to have the girl's one year portraits done together on the beach. How perfect is that??? Bella will turn 1 the day after they leave..... I can't wait to take Kennedy to all of our favorite places. As fun as that will be, I don't know if we'll ever have a cab ride like the ones in Guatemala! I am so thrilled!!!!!

8 comments:

Bekah said...

That will be a blast. It's so fun how close your families have become. LOVE the cab pictures! :)

Anonymous said...

Ah yes, the cab rides in Guatemala. I can remember the heart palpitations like they were yesterday! I'm very impressed that you finished Harry Potter with 3 kids. I am a HUGE fan as well, I just can't seem to find the time to sit and read at the moment. And how exciting that Natalie, Kennedy, and Bella are coming to see you! Can't wait to see new pictures of AP. Enjoy your day! Carolyn and Olivia

JuJu - said...

what a blessing:)

Kerry said...

Can y'all stay at least an extra day with ME??????

Shannon said...

All I can say is - Mrs. Weasley ROCKS!!! Oh, I loved this book!! I am SAD that it is the last one. :(
I cried twice while reading the book!! I won't say when just in case somenone is still reading it!!

I am considering the Guatoberfest. It really depends on when Analise comes home...

Kim W. said...

That cab ride looks like fun :-P

Lou, I did not know you were HP obsessed like the Watsons. Our whole family hibernated this weekend until we read it. We are still waiting for Allison to finish up, so we can discuss it. I am dying to talk about it, so anytime you want to, let me know.

We saw half the church at the Barnes & Noble party Friday night, where were you ;-)

I am sad that this is the last one but think that J.K.Rowling did a bang up job wrapping it up. I am going to read the whole series now from beginning to end. And we have to go see OOTP again, we have only seen it once. Anytime you need a HP obsessed person to hang out with, call me and Allison!

Natalie said...

LOL!!!! Those pics of the cab ride crack me up! That was SO dang funny!

You know we are so excited to come see you guys and for Guatoberfest!!! And...Mississippi Mud Pie...here I come :)

lynne said...

.Hope you liked the way the book ended.

Don't send a lame Holiday eCard. Try JibJab Sendables!