Saturday, July 7, 2007

Stolen luggage, Ear infection, and Happy Homecoming!

Just a few minutes ago....right after my bath

My daddy loves this face I make when I say DADADA!
This is my friend, Mary Archer's mommy, Gina. We can't wait for Mary Archer to be home from Guatemala. Please pray that her DNA is done soon!
I made a mess with my cereal tonight. I loved to squish it all in between my fingers!

Is it a bunny rabbit or Anne Pearce?

I love my Paw-Paw, and he is CRAZY about me!


Me and Daddy at my first drs. visit. She was blown away by how marvelous I am, of course!

This is my aunt Lee Lee. She kept getting all my sugar.....


Look at my cute 4th of July outfit! Thanks Carolyn and Olivia!









This is pretty much what we do all day.....just sit around and look at AP!



Me and my Maggie! I love to pull her pretty hair!
The first time I ate in my high chair...

This is the first morning that I woke up in my crib!
I'm kinda hung over from all that traveling you guys made me do!
My Grandmama was there when I woke up! I was SO glad to see her!
I dig this exersaucer thingy!


Do you think my Daisy was happy to meet me at the airport?? She does this just about everytime she sees me!
Meeting my Maggie at the airport...

My sweet godsister Claire...

Wyatt was so happy to see me!
This is part of what we saw when we got home.....our favorite people!

This is as soon as we came off the airport in Houston. This is my friend, Devon. We're American's now!5:00 am. Enough said!
My little nap on the airplane...


It has been CRAZY here! The day that we left GC we all woke up at 4:00 am. The airport was crazy, and someone evidently grabbed one of our bags. We had so many it was hard to keep up with them. We didn't even notice until we landed in Houston......Of course, it HAD to be the bag with MOST of AP's clothes in it! Andrew and I both had some nice things in there too. Why couldn't it have been the boys' suitcase with t-shirts and shorts????? We were just thrilled to have Anne Pearce though.....we can buy more clothes! She was such a trooper throughout the entire day traveling! She slept a little while on the first flight and just had cat naps throughout the rest of the trip. She squealed when she saw everyone at the airport and tolerated everyone wanting to hold and kiss her. She did have MAJOR meltdown later when we got home. It was so unlike her, but I thought it was just all the changes. Over the next couple of days she was very cranky, and we knew something was up. We took her for her first drs. appt. here Friday, and sure enough she had an ear infection. After several doses of antibiotics and numbing ear drops she is back to normal. We are so in love with her! I still can't believe that she's actually in THIS house HERE with US!!! What a blessing that is. I can't tell you how many times a day I thank the Lord for her being in our family. He has truly given us the most wonderful gift in Anne Pearce. She is adjusting so well, and is so attached to her mommy, daddy, and brothers! She loves having visitors and plays and coos with everyone. After a while though she is reaching for mommy and daddy. We took her shopping today to start replinishing some of her lost wardrobe. Can I just tell you that she is definitely my daughter??? This girl LOVES to shop. She was so good even through the Alabama heat! I am so sorry that it took so long to post! Now that things are better with her health I will try to add new pics everyday. I know how many of you have prayed for her and followed our journey...... We are so thankful to include you all in this new chapter of our life.
Love,
Lou, Drew, Logan, Hayden, AND FINALLY, Anne Pearce!

25 comments:

JuJu - said...

woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
hooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I am so glad that you guys are home and safe and sound:)

She looks like she has always been there - and she has - in your hearts:)

Love to you all!

Julia:)

starzy18 said...

I'm sorry to hear that you lost your luggage and AP had an ear infection. I am so happy that she has started to adjust. I know that you guys are eating her up! (and everyone in Alabama!)
Love, Rachael (Andrea and Kathi's friend)

Sweet To Our Seoul said...

I have to admit I have been stalking your blog to see these pics!! They are so great!! I know you are soooo happy to have her home!!

-April

Bethany said...

AP is so adorable! Tim and I prayed for a safe journey home for you guys! Glad to see that you guys are safe and sound and loving having AP home!
-Bethany

The Cook said...

I am so happy for ALL of you. Enjoy this time. She is darling.

Jami said...

Lou -

It is so good to see you all together at HOME!! I still can't believe that Hudson is actually coming home too!!! It gives me butterflies in my stomach just thinking of it!!

I love you! We'll talk soon!

Cameo said...

Oh my Lou Lou, the tears are streaming down right now I'm so freakin' happy for you!!! I've waited soooo long for this post!!!! GOD IS GOOD!!!!!! Remember how low you were when Andrew knocked over the, what was it, bank? in the nursery and you lost it???? How far away does that seem now??? I'm SOOO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!!!!!!

Lee Anne and John said...

Lou and entire family, WELCOME HOME!!! what a beautiful family you have and I was thrilled to see that you are all home together. My deepest congratulations, it was such a pleasure to meet both of you at the Marriot a few weeks ago.
Take Care and enjoy every moment,

Lee Anne Clark (Joey's mom, the one witht the big brown eyes and crazy curly hair)

Alleen said...

So glad things are better now!! I know you'll be pinching yourself for a while that she's actually HOME!

Sorry about the luggage - that stinks.

Kristi said...

Hoooooray! AP is HOME and all is well!! Can't believe you have a missing bag!! UGH! Can't wait to watch her grow....
Hugs to you from North Alabama!!!

Melissa said...

It is so exciting to see your whole family at home together! I am glad AP is feeling better and has adjusted so well to her home and family. Thanks for sharing!

Natalie said...

Girl, you've got me in tears. I can't even explain how happy I am for you and your family. I am in awe at the miracles God has performed for our families. Everything was in His plan, right down to us spending two weeks together in GC! I love and miss you so much. And I have to admit...I'm pretty sad that I'm not there to sit around in your living room and watch the girls together AND of course to take them shopping together!

We love you guys!

Jenne said...

Welcome home! I've been reading your blog for a while now, and am SO happy for your family.

Jenne Adopting Isaac from Guatemala

http://cobyandjenne.blogspot.com

Bekah said...

Home...what a beautiful word. Glad that AP is feeling better and adjusting so well. What a sweet pea. She is beautiful and it is so fun to see her in her room and home with her family!

theowensclan said...

I am choking back all of the tears. Everyone has such a light in their eye holding and watching A.P. God truly does some amazing things to bring us to him and unite families all over the world. I feel blessed to have met you and share in your joy and faith. In HIS love, Kathi

Jill said...

WOnderful to hear you are all home safely and feeling better! Beautiful pics! Keep them coming... it makes all of our waits bearable when we see her little face! Congrats! Jill

Sharon and Olivia Grace said...

Yeah!!!!! Welcome home Anne Pearce! Love the pictures she is soooo cute!!

Anonymous said...

SO GLAD TO SEE HER HOME AND HAPPY!!!

Karen D. said...

Yes- I have been a blog stalker!
Love the picture show! I am so sorry about the stolen suitcase and AP coming home sick!

Glad that you are all home and transitioning!!!

Love,
Karen

Rose said...

Lou
This brought tears to my eyes. Happy tears of course! Love seeing all the pics of her happy homecoming. She is beautiful and I know you are SO proud. It feels awfully strange being home without my lil man. I feel like there is a hole in my heart. You were right, I do feel like I left part of my heart in GC. Hoping I am just suffering from exhaustion and will get back into the swing of things. Greg and I are delerious. We got up at 3:15 this morn. My husband is psycho about being on time. Love to you Rose

jajbs said...

Welcome home, Anne Pearce!!!!!!!!!!

Lou, you look so content and peaceful-- God is faithful to finish that which He starts!! I am so happy your baby girl is home!!!!

love ya,
Amanda

Andrea said...

I SMELL A REUNION IN ALABAMA COMING ON!!!!

WE MISS YOU GUYS!

Kerry said...

Thought of you the whole time I was away! It it wonderful to see AP there with you in your home. God is so good. Amazing. Give her an extra kiss from me today, okay???

Lori and Robby said...

I am so happy that you are all home safe and sounds and TOGETHER!!!! I love seeingthe pictures of all the people in your family who were so excited to meet AP. Looks like the airport was packed with AP fans!!!!

Steve & Amy said...

So glad you made it home safe and sound! I know that AP will be back to normal in a few days. Now with all of these pics did you order a new camera!? Can't wait to see more pics! Hugs & Love!

Don't send a lame Holiday eCard. Try JibJab Sendables!