Friday, July 20, 2007

Operation Sleep: Night 2......

Edited to add: Obviously Little Princess was NOT ready for sleep at 8:30; out of crib at 9. Played with mommy and daddy until NORMAL bedtime of 9:45.......Took another bottle, and went down like a champ. Now, we'll see how long she actually stays asleep......
It's 8:30. I just rocked Anne Pearce for a while and put her in her crib awake. She was fine for a while, but then the crying started. She keeps crying Mama and whimpering. I go in every minute or so to let her know I'm still here. She is just SO tired! Pray!!!!!!!

6 comments:

Kristi said...

Come on AP, sleep for your Momma!!

Ginger--Maya's mommy said...

Come on AP, you can do it. Your mommy is NOT going to leave you. Lou, I will be in Alabama Monday night through the 1st. Then I am flying out of Mobile to get Maya.

keelstar said...

Savannah has started doing that now too, but we've found that just letting her cry for a little bit actually works. She calms herself down much faster than we can and then she goes to sleep! At first we didn't like to let her cry, but now we've found it is sometimes the only way she will sleep. If we go into her room, then it starts the process all over again. She really wants to be in control and wants us to pick her up, but then she will never go to sleep!! Just thought I'd share what's been working for us lately! She used to go to sleep so quietly and peacefully and now it is totally the opposite! Everything is a phase at this age! I hope you all get some good sleep soon! Blessings, Keely

Cameo said...

Oh, my Lou Lou, I hope everything works out. Please let us know how it goes tomorrow!!!

Katie said...

Awwwww...... this is such a hard stage -- I will pray its over SOON !! :)

Anonymous said...

I know that cry well! The overtired baby is the hardest to get to sleep, at least in my house. We're battling some bedtime resistance at home right now too. It comes in cycles. Keep being reassuring and consistent...you'll get there.

Don't send a lame Holiday eCard. Try JibJab Sendables!