Thursday, October 25, 2007

One year ago today.....





We saw this sweet beautiful face for the very first time. Our hearts and lives were changed in an instant. How can you thank God for a gift as precious as this? I don't know, but I thank Him all day long EVERYDAY for my children. I can't believe it's been an entire year since we accepted Anne Pearce's referral. It seems as if it were 10 minutes ago, and at other times it feels like years ago....... She was 9 days old in these pictures and a whooping 10lbs.2 oz! In this instant she became our daughter. Today I just rocked and rocked her long after I needed to. I just took a few minutes to soak up my girl and just be thankful. Thank you, God, for the precious gift of Anne Pearce. You picked the perfect child for our family, and we are so amazed and thankful for Your trust and generosity. We are just in awe of You........... I trust that one day soon You again will lead us to another child. We are waiting and listening for Your perfect timing again. We love You.

7 comments:

Alleen said...

Soak it all in.....

Anonymous said...

I love that you "rocked and rocked her" long after you needed to. I used to do the same thing - and I'm so glad I did!

Blessings to you and your family.

Karen D. said...

Such a sweet post! I too, love the part about you rocking her!

Love,
Karen and Abbie

Melissa said...

Beautiful post. It is so good to reflect on the Lord's faithfulness and goodness to us.

David and Marianne said...

There are so many monumental anniversaries and dates in adoption! I know the Lord uses them to remind us of HIS faithfulness and the awesome God He is! I praise Him today with you, Lou for such a good gift from above!

By the way, saw your post for the adoption conference : ) I'd like to mail you a poster for a keepsake but need you to e-mail me your address! Thanks again for being willing to be "famous" and share your precious family foto!

your sister,
Marianne

Steve & Amy said...

It's funny how you think back and remeber all that you have been through over the last year. How a few photos would change you forever...how your heart would fall head over heals in love with a little girl miles away. She is such an angel. God can move mountains, and he brought you AP. Thanks for sharing this special day with us and to remind us all to take a minute to rock a litle longer.

Anonymous said...

I could just cry when I think about His love and goodness and just how GOOD He has been to our families. I do trust that goodness is in His character, and I know He will lead you to the next angel that He has already prepared for your family.
We just love that precious girl, and I can't wait until I can pick her up and play like NORMAL again!!!
love,
Daisy

Don't send a lame Holiday eCard. Try JibJab Sendables!