Monday, September 24, 2007

What's in a name????

For those of you wondering, Tennie sounds like Jenny with a T........

I appreciate those of you who have voted for a name for our next baby. Cameo asked me if I was keeping anything from you all, and the answer is NO. We do plan on starting the process in the next few months, and hopefully we will be accepting a new referral about a year from now. Anne Pearce was named for YEARS before we even started the paperwork. A name is a promise that we will add another precious angel to our family, so we have already started discussing what we will name her. I personally love Delilah, but Andrew and Natalie have both said NO to it.... Tennie and Tillie are my favorites, and I will explain why. Anne Pearce is named for my mom and her grandmother who was the first Anne Pearce. Tennie is my other great-grandmother's name. My mama had a baby that died right after she was born a little over a year before I made my grand entrace into the world. Her name was Tennie Kathryn..... I LOVED my g.grandmother, Tennie, and I think it would be a wonderful remembrance for my sister who never got the chance at life. Mathilda (Tillie) was the first Anne Pearce's mother. Both these names have family significance. I think that's something my girls will appreciate as they grow older and learn more about our family. Either name is wonderful.......We are leaning towards Tennie even though it's getting the least number of votes!!! Can't you all hear me calling "Anne Pearce.......Tennie........."? What do you think????? Leave me a comment and VOTE!!!!

18 comments:

Ginger--Maya's mommy said...

That is so sweet for you to remember family members. Delilah would be my pick also. However, Tennie and Tillie are cute and very southern.

Becky Scott said...

Your story for the names is great. How exactly do you pronounce "Tennie"? Maybe that would change my vote. :)

Angel said...

Yeah... how do you pronounce it. Is it like Tinee or Teeny. It's cute! ;0) Angel

Becky Scott said...

Love the name Tennie, now that I know how to pronounce it! :)

Anonymous said...

I think if a name holds special meaning to you it doesn't matter what it is. Olivia's middle name is Alynn (pronounced Alan)and most people that don't know me think it's strange. But I know and that's enough. I personally like Virginia out of the four choices you gave.

Melissa said...

I already did vote, and I voted for Tennie! The family ties makes it even more of a favorite for me.

Jane said...

I love the family connection.
My baby girl is named after her great grandmother, grandmother and aunt! And because of that, I would vote for Tennie!

Anonymous said...

Hello Lou! I haven't visited in a while so I've had to catch up. I voted on Virginia only because I have always loved that name. Lucy's name was very very close to being Georgia. I guess I like it because it is an old name, very southern, known but not too common, and every Virginia I've ever known has been beautiful and sweet. However, judging by your love of the other choices, I don't think it has a chance. ha ha These black and white photos of Anne Pearce are absolutely stunning. WOW.... breathtakingly beautiful. Hope to see you soon.
Becca

Anonymous said...

Hey Lou... I voted for the name Tillie...it is unique and that is what I love and it is a cute name.. We alredy have our name picked out when we adopt again and it is going to be Lilly.. I love that name... but that won't be for a couple of years... so it will be Jamison and Lilly.. two Guatebabes.. you gotta love it!! Go with the name that is in your heart... take care!! Tricia M

Bekah said...

Tennie is precious.

Cameo said...

Yeah, I agree with Natalie and Andrea, Delilah is a NO. Sampson anyone???? I'm sticking with my Tillie, although I love hearing about your female family heratige. I think we should go back to more naming after family members, although look what I did! V came pretty much named already and I'm a little sad that I wasn't able to name her, but her name was also a gift from God.

Cameo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Courtney said...

I love the name Delilah... Anything you name her will be adorable. Good luck. Courtney

Angel said...

I think Tennie is adorable. I like it! Angel

Nan and Dan said...

I love Tennie!
It definately gets my vote!

Lucinda Naia said...

I voted first for Virginia. Then I read your post and change my vote to Tennie.

Just one thought on Delilah - for people who listen a lot to Delilah on the radio, she's a pretty wonderful warm woman with a soul for adoption. If you aren't familiar with Delilah's radio program, here's the link:
http://www.delilah.com/home/home.html

Karen D. said...

I voted for Virginia. That is my aunt's name and the name of the state where I grew up. I just love it! It is old fashioned but beautiful!

By the way, I made reference to your post about things in Guatemala on my blog.

Love ya!
Karen

Jill said...

I know 3 Virginias believe it or not. 2 teachers who taught across the hall from me were named Virginia - lovely ladies... then the one's daughter named her grandaughter after her. One goes by Gin, the other Ginny and the thrid Virginia! All are beautiful people. Tennie and Tillie are wonderful names... both very southern sounding... Delilah reminds me of that song.. have a feeling that it will get super popular soon.

My 2 cents! Thanks for all of your great posts! Jill

Don't send a lame Holiday eCard. Try JibJab Sendables!