Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Hope on many levels......

1. Anne Pearce slept in HER bed from 12:30 am - 10:30 this morning and woke up a happy camper. As I type she has been asleep for over an hour and a half. I just take it day by day, but getting one night's sleep is FANTASTIC!

2. Through this blog I have made a fantastic new friend, Marianne. She is also a sister in Christ. Her agency will be contacting our people in Guatemala to try to place these babies! I am praying that his works out for all involved. This is a CHRISTIAN agency, and these children will be brought home and taught about the Lord. Please pray about this. I am still so drawn to one of those girls, but I know that God will speak to Andrew if the time is right......

3. Does anyone have the answer to this question: If your original 171-h was for one child but still hasn't expired can you have your home study updated and 171 ammended for one more child, OR do you have to start from scratch.......

4. One of our dear blogging friends has donated something great for me to do a blog giveaway! Check for more details tomorrow!

9 comments:

Kim said...

Yeah AP!!!!! I'm so glad you got a good night's sleep

I'm so glad that the babies may find families. As much as I wanted to jump on it myself, it's just not the right time for us either.

I can't help you on the I-171H question. I have a feeling that by the time we are ready, ours will be expired anyway!!

Farrah said...

You can have your homestudy updated and the I-171H ammended.. I already checked into it.

Natalie said...

Girl...what's the giveaway???!!!

THE MERRILL FAMILY said...

What a difference a good night's sleep can make to a tired Mommy! Here's hoping that the trend continues! (Have a recommended Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child? It's my one-stop resource for both my kids, and I keep going back and going back as the kids change their sleep habits. It really saved my sanity when both my kids came home and I needed sleep desperately.)

Thanks for all the good works you do for these amazing children.

Whitney said...

So glad you connected with Marianne! I am praying that our agency will be able to place these precious ones! Yeah Sleep!

JuJu - said...

YEAH for sleep:)

Yeah For Hope and yeah for the God that gives it to us:)

JUlia:)

Ruthanne said...

Aaahhh, a good night's sleep makes everything seem better. You really appreciate them when they're few and far between. Hope Anne Pearce continues to sleep well.

Nan and Dan said...

So happy AP had a great nights sleep!! in her own crib!!
Priceless!!

Unknown said...

171-h answer for us: We TRIED the ammendment route, and, long story short, ended up starting over. Scratch sounds much more horrible than it is, and, ironically, it is much cheaper to open a new file than to ammend. The money you save upfront actually doubles when you go for your embassy appointment at the end of the adoption. My agency found this out for me - thank goodness. You should, however, be able to update your homestudy instead of starting new. Again, ironically, this makes things a little more time consuming because instead of using forms for your doctor (for example) you have to write a letter to them asking them to write a letter to the state verifying that your original document still holds true. To be respectful of peoples' time, I therefore wrote the letters for them so that they would not have to spend a ton of time helping me out.

It's a little longer of a process, but I'm sure that I don't have to tell you how worthwhile it is!

Good luck. It's overwhelming at first (even for us vets), so just take it a day at a time.

Don't send a lame Holiday eCard. Try JibJab Sendables!