Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Ok, I'm telling ALL....

Meet Esther Alejandra, our Essie


This is NOT the way I wanted to tell our little secret. I had plans of a super secret admission after a bunch of clues.....However, this is not how it worked out.


Andrew, AP, and I are flying to GC on the day after Christmas to sign the POA to adopt Esther!!! It's a LONG story that I will tell later, but God let us know last weekend that we HAD to do it........ We are in shock.....happy.......excited.......SCARED......but trusting. We will be grandfathered in, as our POA will be registered on the 27th.....Our attorney spoke with the embassy to make sure.

NOW, WE NEED CONTINENTAL POINTS!!!! We thought up until a couple of hours ago that I could go alone to sign for us both. Jorge called me after Sergio talked with a government official. We BOTH have to go sign for it to be valid. You can imagine how hard it is for us to come up with this money so last minute the week BEFORE CHRISTMAS, but if we don't go now we lose Essie. If you have any points that you would be willing to donate we would be happy to take them. A FABULOUS blogging buddy already promised me almost 31,000 points!!!! Girl, you rock, and I owe you big time. We need around 80,000 to have Andrew and AP paid for. Natalie is figuring out how all this will work, so people can donate points....... It goes without saying how thankful we are for ANY assistance you can give us to get down there to start the ball rolling. The adoption will be tight, but we think we have it figured out. I know God will provide! Thanks you so much, and PLEASE PRAY!

How can you people say no to my divine big brown eyes????

Say What?!?!?! You guys are bringing Anne Pearce??? Are you sure about that???? Ok, if you promise you won't let her attack me we'll be fine! Bella has told me a thing or two about AP's talons! And TEETH, and PUSHING abilities!!!! Oh what am I in for????

27 comments:

Becky Scott said...

Congratulations Lou! I'm very excited for your family. If I had Continental Points I would give you all of them. ;)

Bethany said...

Oh my! I just yelled across the house to get Tim's attention. I think I screamed so loud that Caroline heard me in GUA!! Congratulations to you guys! I thought something might be up when I saw those beautiful brown eyes some time ago!! YEA!!!

Greta Jo said...

How awesome Lou! If I too had any Continental points I would give them ALL to you. I am very excited for you and your family. I pray that the Lord will guide your path straight to Essie without any bumps.

Kerry said...

You already know how I feel about all this! And you're signing your POA on Cameron's birthday...that has to bring good luck!

The points...if it was AFTER our trip to Alaska for Christmas we would have about 25,000 miles to give you from Continental, but here's a question for Nat to figure out. If I have Alaska Airlines points (I think my balance is about 15k now) but Continental is a partner, which they are, can I donate them somehow??? I've never even flown Alaska Air, I always book on their partner airlines. You can have them if you can figure it out!

Love ya'll and I'm thrilled for you!

Kristi said...

I am so glad you told all!!! Whew -I'm glad I don't see people IRL!!! I'd have had a hard time holding it in. I am so excited about "Essie"... sure hope that you add that name!!! Much love - Bamagirl!!!

Bekah said...

LOU! WOW! WOW! WOW! She is beautiful and I am praising the Lord with you that she is your daughter! I don't think I have ever flown Continental in my life so I am so sorry I can't give you any miles! Praying for the Lord to provide the exact # of miles that you need.

Priscilla said...

I have 17k miles and they are all yours! You can email me at adoptingababy at aol dot com and I will then respond from my personal email.

So excited for you!

The Cook said...

Awesome! She is gorgeous. What an amazing family you have!

Emily said...

I am so excited for your family!!!! I don't have any points to offer, but I will be praying for you.

Congratulations!

Unknown said...

Congrats!!!! she is beautiful!! Roseann

Anonymous said...

WOW!!!!! I am so excited for you! I saw one of your recent posts on a.com and wondered what was up?!?!?! I wish you the best of luck and a VERY smooth process. Love to all - Bonnie

Hunter said...

congrats to you all! can't wait to hear more about essie!! wish i had some points to share!! prayers are with you all!

love,
hunter

Anonymous said...

Lou... What news!!! That is so so wonderful.. what a honey she is!!! So happy for you....praying for a smooth journey... Merry Christmas!! Tricia (Jamison's momma)

Sarah said...

Wow!! I am so excited for you! Essie is beautiful! I love her angel kiss on her forehead! She is one special baby hand picked by the angels for you!! I wish I had some Continental miles to give you!! I know that in this season of miracles, you will get it worked out! Woohoo!!!

Sarah

Cameo said...

Talked to Nat tonight, SOOOOOOOOO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!!! I'm with Kerry, I have a few leftover from Alaska. Can I transfer them to you? Let me know. Love you!

Mami Sue said...

AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH-I AM SHOUTIN
FOR JOY OVER HERE LOU!!!
OMG, I AM SOOOO EXCITED FOR YOU GUYS!!! CONGRATS ON YOUR DAUGHTER-SHE IS BEAUTIFUL AND I LOVE HER NAME!! OH HER AND AP ARE GONNA BE BEST SISTERS!!!!!!
GOOD LUCK WITH EVERYTHING!
'LV,SUE

Michelle Smiles said...

Wonderful! Exciting! Congrats!

hannah said...

Praise the Lord, I will be praying for you and your family as you take this big step. I think it is wonderful and you will be blessed.
We are adopting a little boy from Guatemala. Our blog is braxtonsfamily.blogspot.com

Nan and Dan said...

She is absolutely beautiful!!!
Good Luck!!
I have continental miles for you if you can figure out how to transfer them!! I only flew them to gc and back :)

Dimple Queen said...

Lou, I came here through Daisy's blog...I just put a post up on my blog asking for airline points for you...and sent an email to a friend of mine to see if she could help too....I SO wish I had some and I know that must be frustrating to see people writing that all the time, but you KNOW the Lord will work this out!

It's Me....Dea said...

Very exciting. best wishes

Jami said...

WOW LOU!! That is incredible! I'll be praying for you all!!

Sweet little Essie!!!

Tam said...

Congratulations! I'm so sorry...the only kind of points I have are through Choice Hotels....no airlines, unfortunately, or I'd give them to you.

Katie said...

OH Lou , I am so happy for your family and am excited to follow your journey !!!

Jill said...

ESSIE!!! That is awesome! I have no miles, not brave enough to fly! You are going to have such a great time!!!! Enjoy Christmas with your new daughter!

Unknown said...

Congratulations!!!! So very exciting, I am so happy for all of you. So happy that Essie has a family for Christmas! Can't wait to see your pix from the visit trip. I wish I had miles to donate for you.

God bless, safe trip and Merry Christmas!

Love,
Donna and Ava

Robyn said...

Congratulations!! She is a doll!!

Robyn

Don't send a lame Holiday eCard. Try JibJab Sendables!